Buffet restaurants are one of the best options for people visiting Machu Picchu. There are not many services of this type. However, they offer the best of Peruvian food, international and more. Therefore it is highly recommended. The most famous options are the Tinkuy restaurant, the Mapi or the Toto’s House. Learn more about their prices, menu and location.
El Tinkuy restaurant is one of the best gastronomic options on the trip to Machu Picchu. The reason? The restaurant offers the best of Peruvian, South American and international cuisine. The quality is excellent. The restaurant belongs to the 5-star Belmond Sanctuary Lodge hotel. It is the only one located next to the archaeological site of Machu Picchu.
The gastronomic options are varied. It only offers lunch with salads, soups, breads, beef, pork, chicken, pizzas, drinks and even the classics of Peruvian food such as ceviche, stuffed cause and lomo saltado. The restaurant has a spacious room with fine decoration. It complies with all health protocols. It is open every day from 11 in the morning until 3:30 in the afternoon.
- Dishes: stuffed cause, trout ceviche, huancaína potato, chaufa rice, baked chicken, breads, salads, fruits, drinks and more.
- Price (approximate): 30 USD per person.
- Address: Hiram Bingham Highway Km 7.5, Machu Picchu town, Peru.
El Mapi by Inkaterra restaurant
El Mapi offers one of the best buffet lunches on the trip to Machu Picchu. It is located in the town of Aguas Calientes. The restaurant belongs to the prestigious Inkaterra hotel chain. The place is spacious and comfortable. The attention of the staff is first class. It also offers a live music show.
The restaurant is open from 5 in the morning until 10 at night. That is, it offers options for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Dishes such as trout ceviche, lomo saltado, a variety of cakes, salads and fruits stand out. The place is spacious and with a friendly decoration. At night it offers a bar full of cocktails, beers and spirits.
- Dishes: trout ceviche, lomo saltado, stuffed cause, soups, salads, fruits, breads, cocktails, cakes and more.
- Price (approximate): 25 USD per person.
- Address: avenida Pachacutec 109, Machu Picchu town, Peru.
This spacious restaurant is located on the main avenue of Aguas Calientes (at the height of the train track). In addition to buffet service, it offers pizzas, grill, trout, coffees, ice cream, juices and even craft beer. The buffet lunch stands out for its trout ceviche, its soups, juiced meats, a variety of potatoes, fruits and cakes.
The restaurant has a fascinating view of the Vilcanota River. The attention of the staff is very good. Security protocols are strictly adhered to. The buffet service runs from noon to 4 in the afternoon. In the morning there are varieties of coffees, juices and hamburgers. At night there is a bar selling craft beers.
- Dishes: trout ceviche, soups, breads, salads, pizzas, native potatoes, cakes, fruits, drinks, etc.
- Price (approximate): 20 USD per main dish.
- Address: Calle Lloque Yupanqui 103 Machu Picchu town, Peru.