The Voyager Premium & Lounge Train is a new service offered by this chain of transport services. It recovers the best of each of the trains to generate a complete service in a single train. This train is positioned as one of the best options to visit Machu Picchu with the lounge bar car, a special car that has a balcony. From this wagon, you can see all the extensive landscape that can be seen from the exit of Ollantaytambo from where you can already see the beautiful Sacred Valley and the passage to the Cusco jungle.
How does Inca Rail operate?
Inca Rail is one of the transport companies in charge of providing the train transport service from the Ollantaytambo station to Aguas Calientes. This makes it one of the two companies in charge of transporting thousands of tourists to Machu Picchu daily. Although it has been in this service for less than 10 years, it is on par in prices and services with its main competitor. In this way and after a series of paperwork, considerable improvements were made in the service and today it works as an excellent reference for trips to Machu Picchu.
Inca Rail decided to operate under the bimodal service. This means that bus transportation is provided from Cusco to the Ollantaytambo train station and from this place the trip begins to Aguas Calientes, a place close to the wonder of the world. Once in Aguas Calientes, you have to take a bus to the access area of Machu Picchu. In this sense, making the trip by train with Inca Rail is efficient because the trip starts in a central place in Cusco. Exactly from Av. El Sol 843.
One of the benefits of this train is that it has a premium service and also spectacular wagons to appreciate nature. In addition, all travelers will be treated with the hospitality typical of Inca Rail workers. Likewise, you will have access to complimentary snacks and drinks, all of them of natural origin and free of chemical additives that damage their properties. Inca Rail is committed to the conservation of the environment.
The Voyager Premium & Lounge Train of Inca Rail
This train, as we have been announcing, has the best services of the rest of the trains, to put it in some way. It accommodates a Lounge car with a balcony and space dedicated to the delight of live music by artists. They will take care of making it possible for a small party to happen, where you will have the opportunity to dance or sing the most popular songs in one of the best carriages. Thus making an unforgettable trip. The other wagon has comfortable seats for the First type Class.
It seems that these trains have the charm of stopping time and just enjoying the trip without worrying about the time or what you will do when you reach your destination. The trip is usually made more interesting at night by the excellent and cozy lighting of the carriages. To all this, we must add the Lounge Bar car, where we will taste the best cocktails with Peruvian and Cusco ingredients, along with background music or live music. It is a party.
And it never hurts to mention the comfort of the seats that are wide and comfortable. Anyone will have a comfortable and hassle-free trip. The train facilities are of good quality and decorated with details and photographs. Among these photographs, you can see the fauna and flora that one finds on his way or journey to Machu Picchu. It is also possible to find photographs of the members of the Huilloc community, who up to the present day maintain the traditions and techniques of the first settlers of Peru. A sample of what we have just mentioned is that you can see the fabrics made in the clothing of the actors in the drama Ollantay performances.
Services that include this exclusive train
The services of this train are ideal for the trip to be pleasant and comfortable. It won’t be on par with private service or First Class, however, is ideal for fostering an extraordinary journey. Like the other carriages, it will be possible to find a USB port near the folding tables, ideal for charging the battery of phones or cameras that will serve both to capture moments inside the train and during the tour to Machu Picchu. Next, we detail the services of this train:
- All Inca Rail travelers have an exclusive waiting area. The Inca Rail waiting room has a special one.
- The seating arrangement makes it possible to use comfortable and wide chairs.
- Large windows to enjoy the entire landscape during the trip.
- The windows of the wagons are large and allow excellent vision and lighting during the day trip.
- A staff with extensive knowledge of the route and attention to the public.
- You will receive snacks and drinks made from natural products as a courtesy.
- During the trip there is a representation of the Ollantay Drama in each of the train carriages. This Drama can be heard in English and Spanish.
- The space for backpacks or luggage is located between the seat backs.
- It has exclusive schedules to facilitate a comfortable trip.
- Music on board, with musicians who are experts in cheering people up.
- The departure time from Cusco is at 8:30 in the morning.
- The train departure time from Ollantaytambo is 11:15.
- Both schedules have the arrival time in Aguas Calientes at 12:41.
The Inca Rail The Voyager Premium & Lounge Train is an exclusive service of Inca Rail. These are wagons with the characteristics that we mentioned. At the moment, only two schedules have been enabled, as we mentioned above, with departures from Cusco and Ollantaytambo. These wagons are complements to The Voyager Train services, that is, within this train the aforementioned wagons and premium services were enabled.
Why travel on the Inca Rail The Voyager Premium & Lounge train?
The Inca Rail Voyager Premium & Lounge train is ideal for a comfortable trip. As? Let’s start by pointing out the time, the departure time is from Cusco or Ollantaytambo, it is not at dawn. It is possible to start this trip after an exquisite breakfast that many hotels in Cusco offer as a courtesy service. Likewise, you can do it in the place of your choice but always take into account that the bus will leave Cusco at a fixed time. The latter also applies to the departure of the train from Ollantaytambo.
In this sense, you can also enjoy an exquisite lunch in Aguas Calientes, which has a wide variety of restaurants. After this, you will be ready to enter Machu Picchu and do the tour with a few people. The entrance will be at approximately 2:00 p.m. and the tour at this time is done by a smaller number of people. This travel option is also perfectly suited to the children’s schedule, there will be no reason to force them to wake up early. In addition, the train facilities will allow you to take more care of children since they are comfortable and both they and adults can travel without problems.
One more factor that can be found when traveling on this train is that hours before the departure of the train from Ollantaytambo, you can take a tour of the archaeological site. Even if you think it’s a bad option because you can get tired, it won’t be like that. The tour of Ollantaytambo is simple and at the same time incredible, as in all the Inca citadels. In addition, you will have the option of resting on the train thanks to the comfort of its train and the drinks or snacks that are offered as a courtesy. Traveling on Inca Rail is always special.
Tips and data to visit Machu Picchu without problems
Traveling to Machu Picchu sometimes confuses travelers because they think that it is very close to Cusco and has the same climate, but this is not the case. Machu Picchu is approximately 5 hours away from Cusco. In addition, it has a semi-tropical climate so it can rain without prior notice. The altitude of Machu Picchu is 2430 meters above sea level. so you will not have problems such as altitude sickness. In case you want to make the tour to the mountains of Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountain itself, we remind you to make the entrance reservation to the archaeological site in advance. Now we leave you some tips that can help you in your visit to this incredible Inca citadel.
- Always keep in mind the availability of entrance tickets to Machu Picchu. Normally you have to make reservation months in advance.
- When you arrive in Peru, you will be asked for your passport, which must be valid for more than 6 months.
- Currently you can make hotel reservations, transportation, and more online.
- Remember to visit legal pages and agreements with licenses imposed by the Peruvian government.
- The Machu Picchu tour lasts more than 2 hours.
- You can get to Machu Picchu in just 30 minutes of travel with the ecological buses.
- It is forbidden to enter Machu Picchu with heavy materials or professional recordings.
- You cannot enter with alcoholic beverages.
- Entry to people under the influence of drugs or alcohol is prohibited.
- The circuits to Machu Picchu must be respected. There are personnel who are in charge of monitoring the order.
- Making disturbances within the archaeological site is punishable under the laws for the protection of cultural heritage.
- Remember to be 30 minutes from the train departure time.