Machu Picchu has 5 entrance tickets. These tickets can include different routes since at the same time they will include something extra. In this article, we will learn more about the ticket that includes the ascent to Huayna Picchu. Getting to this place requires a walk of more than 1 hour. Here you will learn more about the benefits, what is included, and the details that you will have to take into account to make use of this ticket.
Is it the ticket with the most demand?
The entrance ticket to Machu Picchu, which includes access to Huayna Picchu, is one of the most requested. This is because Huayna Picchu mountain is the perfect complement to the wonder of the world that is in Peru. Travelers from all over the world are encouraged to make the reservation of the ticket that we mentioned, more than 4 months in advance. This is to get a ticket for the time you want to travel.
Remember that it is crucial to make a reservation well in advance so that you can plan your trip without last-minute problems. Good activity planning will help you plan and get the information you make short trips or hotel reservations in advance. Finally, if you do not have much time to investigate, the best option is a travel agency, they will organize your trip in all the details.
Entrance ticket to Machu Picchu + Huayna Picchu
As we mentioned above, this entrance ticket to Machu Picchu is one of the most requested by tourists from all over the world. This detail means that only a few can reach this incredible place. The construction of this place surprises all its visitors because it is built between the limits of the ravines and the walk is arduous, but it is an adventure. This ticket will be ideal for people who love hiking and facing paths full of adrenaline.
The ascent to Huayna Picchu is done from the access point to the mountains that are located very close to the Sacred Rock. As is well known, when touring Machu Picchu, you can do 5 different circuits that involve certain activities. The circuit that is carried out to enter Huayna Picchu is Circuit 4 and continues with a walk through the abundant vegetation. This path later forks in the direction of Huchuy Picchu and Huayna Picchu.
- Entrance to the Machu Picchu archaeological site.
- Entrance to the hiking route to Huayna Picchu.
- In Machu Picchu you can only do Circuit 4.
- You will have panoramic views of Machu Picchu.
- You will have panoramic views of Machu Picchu.
- During the tour of this ticket, you will be able to visit the following buildings: The area of the platforms and the colcas, a tour of the area of the temples. You will also see the Pisonay.
- A few meters from the Sacred Rock, the road to Huayna Picchu mountain begins.
- Visit the archaeological site of Huayna Picchu. (Currently, the passage to the Temple of the Moon, which involves a longer route than Huayna Picchu, is restricted).
- Guide service in Machu Picchu.
- Guide service (to ascend to Huayna Picchu it is mandatory to have a professional guide).
- Transportation from Cusco or Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu.
- Enter Machu Picchu Mountain, and Huchuy Picchu (these sites have their ticket).
- Take the tour of Machu Picchu through other circuits other than 4.
- Entrance to the Site Museum.
- The cloakroom or luggage service before entering Machu Picchu.
- Sanitary facilities.
- Drinks or Snacks.
- Sunscreen or similar.
- Printed photographs.
- Lodging or similar.
- Entrance ticket to the thermal baths in Aguas Calientes.
How is the hike to Huayna Picchu?
Huayna Picchu is located north of the Machu Picchu site. It is a steep mountain, and to reach the archaeological site it is necessary to follow a 2-kilometer path on foot. Here we will find one of the best findings that corresponded to the Tawantinsuyo, we refer to the Inca Trail or Qhapaq Ñan. On this path, we will find carved stones arranged in tiers. In some sections, the walk becomes so steep that we will need to hold on to the ropes to continue on the path.
The most complicated section is the one that received the name “The Stairs of Death”. But we should not be surprised or scared. During this walk, there were no deaths or serious accidents. This section is 183 meters long and is made up of steep stones that are very close to the ravine. To reach this route, you must first decide to reach the Temple of the Moon, which is the main attraction of this mountain.
Accomplishing this hike is truly a feat. In case you manage to book this ticket, we recommend that you enjoy it to the fullest. Take a camera with enough battery power for all the photographs that you will be able to take both of the section, the stands, the landscape, and the incredible view of all of Machu Picchu from the top of this mountain.
Details to be considered
- Always try to make a reservation in advance. Only in this way can you better organize your trip.
- Remember that there are many ways to get to Machu Picchu, but in all of them you will first have to get to Aguas Calientes where you can spend the night, have lunch and take the transport to return to Cusco, the main starting point.
- We recommend that, on your visit or arrival in Aguas Calientes, you already use mosquito repellent. Being a tropical area it is common to find mosquitoes.
- The most recommended season due to the lack of rain is during the months of May to November. However, the doors of Machu Picchu are open every day of the year.
- During the visit to Huayna Picchu you will need to wear comfortable and resistant footwear. Preferably one that is ideal for hiking.
- When entering through the control point on the way to Huayna Picchu, check with your guide and at the control point if it is possible to ascend to the Temple of the Moon.
- You will need to bring some snacks or fruit and water for this tour.
- It is a journey of approximately 5 hours between Machu Picchu and Huayna Picchu.
- Keep in mind that the hours are from 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 a.m. and from 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
- Always carry your identity document. It will be essential for access control since your ticket will be referred to with your name.
- The cost of the general ticket to Huayna Picchu is 200 PEN.
- The cost of this ticket for students and children is 125 PEN and 118 PEN, respectively.
How to buy this ticket?
We will not tire of mentioning that the most important detail to visiting Huayna Picchu and Machu Picchu is making a reservation at least 3 or 4 months in advance. This is due to the high demand of both Peruvians and foreigners who want to reach this mountain.
In this sense, the main option to guarantee your ticket is making a reservation through the main website of Machu Picchu, which is: www.machupicchu.gob.pe or through travel agencies. We are an agency with several years of experience and we do not just dedicate to this service, you can visit: www.imachupicchu.com for more information. Our advisors will be happy to help you with any questions.
By Imachupicchu – Last updated, April 10, 2023