PeruRail Hiram Bingham Train: The Luxury of Knowing Machu Picchu
The most luxurious way to see Machu Picchu is to take the train trip from Cusco on Peru Rail’s Hiram Bingham. This train has multiple spaces that enhance the elegance of what a first-class trip means. Thanks to the services offered on board this train, they are exclusive and try to cover even the smallest detail so that the satisfaction of the most demanding passengers is to their liking. In this article, we will learn more about this incredible luxury train. Get on board!
The best luxury train?
The Hiram Bingham train that makes a journey to Machu Picchu, includes a series of services that include drinks, food, desserts, and many live shows. This is just to start. As it is a luxury service, we will not only find attention inside the train but also from the arrival at the train station. In different spaces, we can taste drinks or snacks, and it is also possible to appreciate some dances while we wait for the departure of the train in the waiting room.
This train has a decoration typical of the first decades of the 20th century, which is well known as Pullman decorations, in honor of the aforementioned train models. During the twenties of the last century, Pullman services were also characterized by providing exclusive transport services for the most demanding public. This form of care was devised by George Pullman, who established the widely known sleeping cars or wagons in the United States. After a series of agreements and disagreements, George Nagelmackers gave this type of service in Europe.
PeruRail’s Hiram Bingham train is and has been recognized as one of the five most luxurious trains on the entire planet. In addition, the route that it has is full of cultural moments, which are dances and Peruvian gastronomy. The other luxury trains in the world operate in Africa and European countries such as Spain, Russia, Paris, and Istanbul. All these trains have Pullman style and services as their principal.
Hiram Bingham train to Machu Picchu
As we mentioned above, the Hiram Bingham Train that runs from Cusco to Machu Picchu and vice versa meets fairly strict standards that position it as one of the five luxury trains worldwide. In this sense, the correct functioning and the services they offer are guaranteed. Once you have purchased this service, you will also have an entrance ticket to Machu Picchu, but only for Circuit 3.
On the edge of the facilities, you can enjoy the exclusivity of services such as tasting different alcoholic or non-alcoholic drinks with products from the Cusco region. That is, you can enjoy variants of the exquisite Pisco Sour that will contain ingredients or fruits typical of the Sacred Valley of the Incas. And we cannot stop talking about the exquisite gourmet cuisine in charge of qualified chefs in this service.
It is worth saying that the wagons are spacious and quite comfortable. This train has exclusive carriages for a bar, restaurant, and observatory and an ideal space with armchairs and open space to start dancing or enjoy live music by guest artists. It is worth saying that the wagons are spacious and quite comfortable. This train has exclusive carriages for a bar, restaurant, and observatory and an ideal space with armchairs and open space to start dancing or enjoy live music by guest artists. The tour through the Sacred Valley of the Incas to Machu Picchu Pueblo or Aguas Calientes is quite a spectacle. Anyone who wants to know the Inca citadel must take the trip on this train that will fill you with unforgettable moments.
Exclusivity of services
The services offered vary in terms of the mode of transport you choose, that is, you can book under these options: One way, Only Return, or Roundtrip. The most complete service offered is the third, which includes roundtrip services. Next, we will detail all these services. Before that, mention that access will only be allowed through Circuit 3 in Machu Picchu. Let’s see:
- The first service we will have is the Welcome Show. This consists of dances and choreographies allusive to typical dances of Peru.
- In the waiting room you can enjoy some snacks and drinks.
- Once you have boarded your seat, you will be offered an aperitif drink.
- Gourmet lunch drinks and desserts on board.
- All the food offered is made from local products.
- Observatory car, this car is ideal for enjoying the landscapes since it does not have windows.
- Live music show. The musicians have a wide ideal repertoire with songs typical of Peru and the most emblematic songs for the whole world.
- You will have the Ticket to Machu Picchu, but only for Circuit 3.
- The travel time from the Wanchaq station to Aguas Calientes is 4 hours.
- At the time of making the reservation, you will also have a guaranteed bus ticket to the access area of the archaeological site of Machu Picchu.
- Exclusive guide service in English or Spanish for a maximum group of 10 people.
- At the end of the tour in Machu Picchu you can have afternoon tea in the Sanctuary Lodge.
- You will have a return ticket from the access area to Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes.
- When waiting for the return train, you will have access to the VIP area of the train station.
- During the return, on board, you will also enjoy drinks and an exquisite gourmet dinner.
- To ensure the entrance ticket to Machu Picchu, it is recommended to reserve this service one month in advance.
- This train has departures on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday.
Stations and Departures
As it is an exclusive service, you cannot find a wide variety of schedules, however, the schedules are ideal for visiting Machu Picchu.
Departure of trains in the direction of Machu Picchu Pueblo or Aguas Calientes
|Departure from the Station of:||Departure time||Arrival Time|
|Poroy||09:05 am.||12:24 pm.|
|Wanchaq (bimodal)||07:20 am.||12:24 pm.|
Departure of trains from Aguas Calientes or Machu Picchu Pueblo
|Arrival to station of:||Departure time||Arrival Time|
|Poroy||05:50 pm.||09:16 pm.|
|Cusco||5:50 pm.||10:10 pm.|
Why choose this train?
Cusco will not stop surprising you. Taking a trip to this place will always leave wonderful memories. Sometimes through the places we know and other times because of the kindness of the people that we can find anywhere. Accessing the services of the Hiram Bingham Train is not only a luxury trip or place, it is a way of connecting in another way with Cusco and all the natural products it has. That is why one of the main options to access this service is the desire to learn more about the gastronomy of the place and also about the culture of Cusco.
The Hiram Bingham train promises a gastronomic variety comparable to the most sophisticated gourmet restaurants in all of Peru. It will also present a series of cocktails and wines, ideal for the most demanding palates. All the products used in the kitchen are top quality and fresh. This added to the service of all the staff that accompanies you during the trip, is undoubtedly a unique experience that shines by itself.
Another option to connect with this service is to end the tour or visit that is made in Peru. Many people come not only to visit Cusco or Machu Picchu but also to explore the different destinations that Peru has, both on the coast and in the jungle, not to mention the mountains, where more archaeological remains and incredible landscapes are hidden due to the presence of the Andes Mountains. For all that we mentioned, ending the visit to Peru with a luxury trip to Machu Picchu is an ideal experience to close the visit to the multifaceted Peruvian country. Finally, you just have to encourage yourself to make this trip without fear and without expecting anything bad, the trip on the Hiram Bingham is comforting.
What will I need for my visit to Machu Picchu?
When accessing the services of the Hiram Bingham Train, remember that if you make the reservation one month in advance you will have the access ticket to Machu Picchu guaranteed. In case you do it missing a week or less than a month, the guarantee of having said ticket is not guaranteed. Another important aspect will be the lodging or place where you will spend the night during your days in Cusco or Aguas Calientes.
Machu Picchu is located approximately 5 hours away from Cusco. For this reason, it is located in another geographical area. For this reason, we leave you a small list that you will have to take into account during your visit to the Inca citadel:
- You cannot forget your ID or passport, it will help you both to access the train and to enter Machu Picchu.
- Remember to make your reservation more than a month in advance.
- Try to arrive 30 minutes before the departure time at the train station, to avoid any inconvenience.
- You cannot go out to Machu Picchu without mosquito repellent.
- It is almost mandatory that you will need sunscreen and sunglasses.
- You can only enter Machu Picchu with a small or personal backpack.
- It is advisable to bring some snacks and bottled drinks.
- It is forbidden to enter a state of intoxication or alcoholic beverages.
- Bring a waterproof or rain poncho.