Machu Picchu is the best destination you can find in Peru. This is due to many factors where buildings with gigantic stone walls on top of a mountain are involved. It is truly a feat of architecture. Every year it is visited by millions of tourists, it is due to the massive influx that different circuits and entrances to Machu Picchu were established. Below, we explain more about this option and the routes within the enclosure.
Why are there different entrance tickets to Machu Picchu?
Currently, there are different entrance tickets to Machu Picchu. This important change and ticket redistribution guaranteed the order of the people who decided to enter the venue. Thanks to this redistribution, people’s capacity can be measured in schedules and circuits, as we will see later. All people wishing to visit the Wonder of the World must be aware of all the details specified when making their reservation. Having a not-so-crowded visit is important because it will allow all the people who manage to generate a reservation to visit the archaeological site correctly and without altering it.
It is important to note that, in terms of schedules, you can find different hours of admission, which must be respected. Otherwise, it will be impossible to enter within another period. The entrance to Machu Picchu begins at 6:00 in the morning and the last entrance time is in the period from 2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. An important detail about this is that only one direction must be maintained in the route and that the order cannot be altered. Several security agents will guide you or make calls for attention if they perceive that someone is breaking the rules of visiting Machu Picchu.
The rules must be complied with, otherwise, you can be denounced for disturbing the order and for violating cultural heritage. These may seem like minor details, but you will get into serious trouble with the Peruvian justice system. Knowing the rules and laws that cannot be violated in Machu Picchu is always important. As we mentioned, this arduous regulation is carried out to preserve the place so that people of all generations can know about this incredible archaeological site that shows the architectural capacity of the human being.
Entrance ticket to Machu Picchu only
The entrance ticket to ‘Machu Picchu only’ is the main option for all those who only want to visit the Wonder of the World. This ticket only includes the visit to the llaqta or citadel of Machu Picchu. It will be important that you plan your trip well and that you take advantage of the different options that can be found to get to Machu Picchu. The main options are train trips followed by the option of arriving by hiking trails.
Machu Picchu opened and was considered a Wonder of the World since 2007. From that moment improvements were made both on the path and the ways to get to this place. Little by little, visits increased and decisions had to be made that allowed conservation and at the same time the flow of visitors to avoid conglomerations that do not allow free transit.
- Entrance to the Machu Picchu archaeological site.
- Intipunku (check availability in the entrance area) was modified
- It will allow you to take a postcard photo of Machu Picchu.
- With this ticket you can stamp your passport as a visitor to Machu Picchu..
- You will find signs throughout the route.
- You will have a tour of all the constructions of the enclosure.
- Visit the following buildings: The House of the Guardian, the sector of the main Temples, the Sacred Rock, the platforms and the temple dedicated to the condor, the astronomical observatories, and much more.
Does not include
- Professional guide for the Machu Picchu tour.
- No transportation service to Machu Picchu.
- The Intihuatana can only be visited until 11:00 am.
- Enter Machu Picchu Mountain, Huchuy Picchu, and Huayna Picchu (these sites have their ticket).
- Take the tour through other circuits other than 4.
- Entrance to the Site Museum.
- Hygienic services or wardrobe services.
- Food or drinks during the tour.
- Sunscreen or similar.
- photographs and souvenirs.
- Sunscreen or similar.
- Lodging or similar.
Circuits or tours with the ticket Machu Picchu only or Llaqta de Machu Picchu
This ticket, as it is only a visit to the citadel of Machu Picchu, allows you to make different visits that are displayed in 4 circuits. These circuits have different travel routes that allow you to learn more about the construction of Machu Picchu. Always remember to take the tour with a professional guide. They will be in charge of explaining to you the importance of each of the enclosures that make up this Wonder of the World. If you want to know more about the circuits, you can learn more about the circuits to visit Machu Picchu , where we explain the routes and the benefits of each one step by step.
Details to be considered
- The most important detail is that you can book in advance to plan the trip well and not waste time looking for last-minute reservations.
- It is possible to visit Machu Picchu every day of the year. However, it is possible that, due to political reasons or natural disasters, it may close unexpectedly.
- Tickets can be purchased virtually or through online and physical purchases in Cusco itself.
- Once you have left the enclosure, remember that you will not be able to re-enter the Machu Picchu enclosure.
- Until now, the Intipunku visit is not allowed, when entering Machu Picchu, check this possibility. If possible, you will get to know one of the best views of Machu Picchu.
- It has 9 hours. They start at 6:00 am with a lapse of one hour. That is the first starts at 6:00 am and ends at 7:00.
- The last entry time ends at 3:00 p.m.
- The cost of this ticket is 152 PEN for the general public.
- The price for students is 77 PEN and for children, it is 70 PEN.
How to buy this ticket?
The main option to visit Machu Picchu and have the reservation of entrance, transport, and the hotel is through a tourist package. In case you want to visit the Wonder of the World independently, you have to take into account that the entrance tickets can be purchased at www.machupicchu.gob.pe. Another option is to do it through our website: www.imachupicchu.com, where you will find different tour packages that include Machu Picchu.
By Imachupicchu – Last updated, April 5, 2023