Entering Machu Picchu is not as complicated as it may seem or as some people tend to rumor. The only complicated thing is planning the trip in advance and planning the activities that can be done. There are a couple of tickets that can help you visit Machu Picchu in case you have landed in Peru, you have little time but want to know the wonder of the modern world. In this article, we will know more about the details and the necessary information so that you can visit Machu Picchu with an ascent to the Huchuy Picchu mountain.
Why choose the Machu Picchu + Huchuy Picchu ticket?
This entry ticket was recently incorporated. Before it was part of the visit to Huayna Picchu, but the route became longer and made it difficult for visitors to climb the Huayna Picchu mountain. The entrance ticket to Machu Picchu, which includes the ascent to Huchuy Picchu, is the perfect example to demonstrate the intention of the authorities. That of generating a greater flow of visitors. The Huchuy Pichu mountain is the smallest of the mountains, all the mountains refer to a stage in the life of the human being.
Huchuy Picchu can be translated as “small/child mountain”, something similar occurs with Huayna Picchu which would be “medium/young mountain” and finally Machu Picchu could be translated as “big/old mountain”. They are therefore three mountains that coincide with this game of names. They would probably represent something more extensive or something that still needs to be discovered within the paths that connect these three paths of ascent.
On the other hand, this ticket is usually a necessary option for those who cannot find or make a reservation with the little time they have left. It is also an option for those who want to know more about Machu Picchu. Once you have climbed to the top of this mountain, it is possible to have a particular view of the archaeological site, especially of the pyramid that makes up the entire sector that was dedicated exclusively to the Intihuatana. From Huchuy Picchu, it is possible to see a large part of the valley formed by the Urubamba River. It has a hiking route of barely 1 kilometer which makes it suitable for everyone and also has 8-time groups to enter.
Entrance ticket to Machu Picchu + Huchuy Picchu
An important factor of this ticket is that it can be the main option to take a short walk with children or adults. The stretch walk is only one kilometer, approximately the walk can last 1 hour or 1 hour and 15 minutes, taking the walk with breaks and taking appropriate care. It admits the entry of 400 people per day. This is divided into 8 schedules which will appear on your reservation ticket, to avoid problems you must comply with the schedule that appears.
From the moment of your entrance, you will be able to visit Machu Picchu making a direct entrance to the archaeological site. After this tour, the tour to Huchuy Picchu will begin as we will see later. The estimated time that can be inside the enclosure plus the hike to the mountain is 4 hours. To avoid confusion or problems with the reservation, it is recommended to make a reservation one to two weeks in advance..
- Virtual or physical ticket to enter Machu Picchu.
- Access to the hiking trail to the top of Huchuy Picchu.
- An incredible view of Machu Picchu. Where you can appreciate the difference between religious or imperial constructions and normal ones or houses.
- Display of plants typical of the area.
- It is an ideal ticket for adults and children.
- You will have panoramic views of Machu Picchu.
- The entrance to Machu Picchu is direct.
- We will pass through the qolqas, arriving later at the water sources, then we will pass by the House of the Inca and we will see the Sacred Rock.
- The ascent to Huchuy Picchu is only a 1-hour walk.
- The route is not complicated.
Does not include
- Guide, it will be necessary to make the contract before making the deposit.
- Transportation, transportation is the responsibility of the interested party.
- Entrance to Machu Picchu Mountain and Huayna Picchu (these sites have their ticket).
- Visit the Machu Picchu Site Museum.
- Sanitary facilities
- Access to cloakroom and luggage storage services.
- Food, drinks, or snacks.
- Mosquito repellent or sunscreen.
- Souvenirs, photographs, or other reminders.
- Hotel room reservation.
- The postcard photo of Machu Picchu.
- Discounts in restaurants.
- Do other circuits different from Circuit 4 in the Inca citadel.
Circuit and tour of the Inca citadel
By having a reservation for this ticket, it will be possible to enter the archaeological site of Machu Picchu. The tour will last approximately one hour during the first stretch. Upon arrival at the Sacred Rock, we will have to register again and show our entrance tickets. After placing our data, we will start the trek to the Huchuy Picchu mountain. We will enter with our guide. The guide is important because he will narrate and tell you the details to learn more about the route and the archaeological remains that we will find in Huchuy Picchu, along with the possible connections that the three mountains may have. This ticket can be an excellent option so that you can visit Machu Picchu and at the same time you can take a hiking tour.
Details to be considered
- The identity document will be essential so that you can enter both Machu Picchu and Huchuy Picchu.
- This ticket is one of those that are in low demand. This makes it a crucial ticket for those who wish to visit Machu Picchu and have little vacation time or visited Peru for other activities.
- If you ask a tourism agency for availability, they can help you plan your trip and make the corresponding reservations.
- Remember that you can book this ticket and the other four tickets online or through a tourism agency. In case you want to visit Huayna Picchu, do it with a minimum of anticipation.
- Bring a hat, sunscreen, and mosquito repellent.
- It will be necessary to wear shoes that are comfortable and ideal for hiking.
- You can bring snacks and drinks. Always pick up their waste.
- It is a total tour including the ascent to Huchuy Picchu is 4 hours.
- It will be important that you have to count your schedule. There are 8 hours in total from 6:00 am to 2:00 pm. Being the last period from 2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- This ticket costs 152 PEN.
- The ticket for students is 77 PEN and for children 70 PEN.
How to buy this ticket?
Tickets to Machu Picchu can be purchased in up to three different ways. The first one is visiting the places of the sale in Cusco itself. These offices are located on the premises of the Disconcerted Directorate of Culture of Cusco. Exactly on Maruri Street No. 324 – Cusco – Cusco. The following options are via the Internet, the first one is through a sales agency authorized by the Ministry of Culture. Our website belongs to the Machupicchu – Terra group that has said authorization. You can visit the following link:https://imachupicchu.com/availability-tickets-machu-picchu/ . The last option is to do it through the Machu Picchu website: www.machupicchu.gob.pe. Only in these three ways can you visit the Inca citadel without problems. Other means of sales outside the same entities that regulate the entrance to Machu Picchu or authorized tourism agencies, are not reliable and can cause problems and even scams.
By Imachupicchu – Last updated, April 12, 2023