Machu Picchu + Mountain: Ticket with hiking route
MMachu Picchu is one of the wonders of the modern world. It currently has different types of tickets which independently include different hiking route options. The Machu Picchu + Mountain ticket is the one that involves an ascent to one of the mountains that surrounds the Inca archaeological site. Next, we will be able to learn more about the route to the mountain and the route that is taken to see the incredible Inca citadel that touches the clouds.
Why choose this ticket?
This ticket is ideal if at any moment you want to visit Machu Picchu. It is one of the least known and therefore it is relatively easier to make a reservation with little time in advance. The Machu Picchu Mountain ticket plus the visit to the Inca archaeological site is also usually a pleasant option for those who want to do the Huayna Picchu tour, since the ascent to Machu Picchu mountain; the mountain that surrounds the entire archaeological site; It allows a less steep ascent than the visit to the Huayna Picchu mountain, but a longer one.
This is one of the positive and strongest points of this ticket. Ascending a mountain of more than 3000 meters above sea level is quite an adventure and, in addition, we will have a panoramic view of the entire archaeological site of Machu Picchu next to the Huayna Picchu and Huchuy Picchu mountains and at the same time, we will be able to see the entire river Urubamba that surrounds the slopes of both mountains.
After the aforementioned, we only have to mention that we will be at the highest point of the entire place. We will not get tired of saying that Machu Picchu mountain offers incredible views in total contact with nature. It is an ideal option for all public, the road is wide, safe and simple, although that is a bit long. The entrance to Machu Picchu with this ticket has three schedules which we will see later.
Entrance ticket to Machu Picchu Mountain
As we have been mentioning, this Machu Picchu ticket includes a hike up the mountain that borders the entire enclosure. This ticket has an entry capacity of 800 people per day. It is one of the entrance tickets that you have to get up early to enter. The schedule can be divided into 3 entrance moments or 3 groups, the first one is at 6:00 a.m., the second at 7:00 a.m., and the last one at 8:00 a.m. This does not mean that it is specifically at that time, but rather that the entire range of minutes that the hour includes can be established. For example, in the first group at 6:00 a.m. entry can be achieved until minutes before 7:00 a.m.
These schedules are designed for the long hiking route that we will face once we enter Machu Picchu. The total time that we will be both on the mountain and at the archaeological site is approximately 8 hours in total. This with the appropriate breaks, tour, and capture of photographs and enjoy all the adventure that this ticket includes. An estimated time that you spend in total inside the Inca citadel is 2 hours and in the ascent and subsequent descent of Machu Picchu mountain, it is approximately 5 hours. Remember that you can go at your own pace and gradually rest, from your entrance to Machu Picchu, you will have approximately 8 hours to carry out all the activity.
- Entrance to the Machu Picchu archaeological site.
- Entrance to the hiking area to reach Machu Picchu Mountain.
- You will be able to take an incredible panoramic photograph of the entire protected area of Machu Picchu.
- Display of plants typical of the area.
- The possibility of seeing the cock of the rocks.
- This ticket allows access to children and adults.
- It is also possible for older adults in good condition to do this walk.
- It allows re-entry to the citadel of Machu Picchu.
- We will have direct income: The first places we will see are the qolqas or warehouses, the agricultural area next to the platforms. We will also see the water channels. We will pass by the House of the Inca, the Temple of the Sun, and the Plaza Pisonay.
does not include
- Guide service for the Machu Picchu tour.
- You will not have a transportation service. These services must be purchased in advance and at your own expense.
- Enter Huchuy Picchu and Huayna Picchu (these sites have their ticket).
- Access or entrance ticket to the Machu Picchu Site Museum.
- The use of hygienic services.
- The use of wardrobe or luggage.
- Printed photographs.
- Food, drinks, or snacks during the tour.
- Sunscreen or similar.
- Lodging or similar.
- Private transport.
- Food or discounts in restaurants.
- The postcard photo of Machu Picchu.
Tour of the citadel and ascent to the mountain
With this ticket, we have guaranteed entrance to Machu Picchu, the constructions that we will see with this ticket correspond to Circuit 3. This circuit will allow us a short tour of the citadel of Machu Picchu, but we will be able to know the most important points of this important site. Always remember to take the tour with a guide, he will be in charge of guiding you, advising you, and explaining to you about the Inca constructions, and the religious value they represented and they will also tell you the details and ways of life of the people who lived in this place. This ticket may be your last option in case you are in Peru with little time and want to visit the Inca citadel.
Important information about the ticket that includes mountain
- If you have little time in Peru and you are encouraged to visit Machu Picchu, we recommend this ticket or check availability with a tourism agency.
- A travel agency can greatly facilitate your visit to Machu Picchu. Some of them offer transportation from the hotel, food, and a guide for the tour.
- One option that you should take into account is that it is possible to reserve your ticket to Machu Picchu months in advance.
- On Internet you can book months in advance and better plan your visit to Peru and therefore to Machu Picchu.
- With the ticket that we have just presented, you will be able to re-enter Machu Picchu.
- Wear proper hiking shoes, a hat, sunscreen, and mosquito repellent.
- You are allowed to bring snacks or fruits and drinks.
- The time allowed inside the entire enclosure is 6 hours.
- The general price of this ticket is 200 PEN.
- Students pay 125 PEN to enter, while children 118 PEN.
How is it possible to make my reservation?
Visiting Machu Picchu requires special planning. For some, it may be difficult to make all the reservations to have an amazing trip. In this sense, the best option you can take is to contact us to advise you on your trip, we will take care of giving you all the information and services of your choice so that you only worry about enjoying your vacation. You can write to us at: https://imachupicchu.com . If you wish to make the trip on your own, you will need to consult the www.machupicchu.gob.pe page in advance. to make your reservation. Remember to visit our website where you will find information and details to get to Machu Picchu.
By Imachupicchu – Last updated, April 17, 2023