What are the rules and prohibitions?
Basic rules in Machu Picchu:
- Tourists will only be able to access Machupicchu with their entrance ticket.
- Access to the Huayna Picchu mountain and the Machu Picchu mountain is with a differentiated ticket that allows access to these sites.
- The tour of Machu Picchu is not mandatory with a tour guide.
- The tour of Machu Picchu has a maximum duration of 4 hours.
- The entrance to Machu Picchu is through 9 different schedules: from 6 am, 7 am, 8 am, 9 am, 10 am, 11 am, 12 pm, 1 pm and 2 pm.
- The tour of Machu Picchu is always following the established circuit. Backtracking is not allowed.
Prohibitions in Machu Picchu:
- It is strictly forbidden to damage the buildings of Machu Picchu.
- It is not allowed to climb or lean on the walls or buildings of Machu Picchu.
- It is not allowed to enter with: tripods, knives, firearms, aerosols, paints, alcoholic beverages, drugs, musical instruments, baby strollers, heels, metal-tipped canes, drones, umbrellas, banners or advertising objects.
- It is forbidden to deviate from the established routes in Machu Picchu.
- Professional filming is not permitted without proper permission.
- It is not allowed to carry out obscene acts that cause disturbances in the sacred character of Machu Picchu.